Director of Marketing
Who we are…
Hallmark Labs (a subsidiary of Hallmark), based in Santa Monica, CA, is the parent company of three digital subscription services; Feeln.com (a subscription video on demand service) and HallmarkeCards.com (a digital social expression service), and Ink & Main (an eCommerce platform for personalized greeting cards). We’re leveraging Hallmark’s experience creating meaningful, emotional connections, and rapidly progressing a century old, privately-owned, American brand to the forefront of the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Of course we have the normal perks for a company in Santa Monica: drinks, snacks, writable walls, collaboration spaces, casual dress, monthly catered lunches, ample parking - but we know that is not what you really care about. We are a small and growing company with a talented and driven group of software professionals focused on building great things together, all while having fun!
About the Job:
You are our marketing Yoda. You’ll bring your past marketing experience at a major brand or growth company to lead our team. You are creative, data-driven and strive to grow our brand and offerings into the ultimate stop for spreading thoughtfulness digitally.
You will drive the overall strategy of the marketing team while having a strong hand in impacting the overall business. The team is lean and scrappy, which means that in addition to providing leadership you’ll get your hands dirty directly driving site traffic, engagement and new acquisitions.
This primarily involves developing and implementing strategies to strengthen the company’s market presence and help it find a “voice” that will make a difference. Ultimately your actions will directly align with growing YOY engagement and revenue metrics.
This role will also be a key partner in establishing a more customer-centric marketing approach across retention programs. You will oversee and are responsible for the overall P&L plus execution of all retention marketing including CRM, email, mobile and social communications.
You’re the rare breed of innovative, creative and analytical and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where you can test and learn quickly.
This job involves the following responsibilities:
- Develops marketing strategy by identifying customers and their current and future needs; monitoring the competition and identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed
- Develop and implement the brand strategy and marketing strategy for new and existing products
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of the company’s business activities
- Oversee implementation of the Marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR
- Work closely with GMs of individual businesses to guide day-to-day activities of the marketing team
- Provide leadership and support for the design, development and implementation of products and service lines.
- As the business grows, employ the 70/20/10: invest 70% in established programs, 20% to new programs that are starting to gain traction, and 10% to next ideas that are completely untested
- Create clear KPIs with CEO and exceed company goals
- Oversee social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Work with BI to maintain continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
- Supervise the department and provide guidance and feedback
- Monitor progress and performance reports
- Responsible for producing valuable content for the company’s online presence, editorial design and organizing the company’s publications
- Control budgets and allocate resources amongst projects
- Become the organization’s agent towards external parties such as media, stakeholders and potential clients and build strategic partnerships
- Oversee editorial calendar and campaign execution
- Set tone and editorial voice
- Responsible for driving BI insights with measurable KPIs
- Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content (including offers).
- Optimize our marketing automation, CRM and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Establish closed-loop analytics with BI to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, SpiritClips will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Employment by SpiritClips is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
- 10 or more years experience leading marketing efforts.
- Experience designing and executing successful lead gen and conversion campaigns utilizing email, paid search, SEO and social tools.
- Experience analyzing marketing data and metrics
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM and digital media placement
- Supervisory and leadership experience with assessing, coaching, developing and managing performance of others
- Experience managing a budget
- Experience managing agency relationships
- Bachelor’s degree and five or more years of experience in marketing within a corporate or equivalent environment required.
- Experience with managing multiple projects, SEO/SEM, social media platforms and content management required.
- Experience creating systems for measuring marketing effectiveness and managing successful marketing campaigns and events required.
- Supervisory/management experience required.
- Experience generating meaningful leads and successful acquisition and retention for subscription-based model
- Experience in with marketing technologies including Omniture, Google Analytics and/or Sailthru.
Hallmark Labs is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. To view your rights as an applicant please review the following EEO posters: “EEO is the Law” poster and the "EEO is the Law Supplement"